The following facilities are provided in the library:
>> Computerized book issue and returns with Bar-Code Reader.
>> AUTOLIB software for library automation.
>> On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facility for staff and students.
>> Xerox facility for the staff & students.
>> 82,334 books, 252 Periodicals (Including National Journals, International Journals and Abstract Journal).
>> A huge collection of back volumes.
>> Research Journal for each department.
>> All students of the College are members of the College Library
>> 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. working hours.
>> Newspapers clipping service for staff and students .
Reading Room: Periodical Section
* The Reading room will be kept open during the working hours of the college.
* Students can make use of all the periodicals that are available, only in the
reading room and
* Student who use the reading room should enter their names in the entry
register kept for the
Choice of Periodicals is based on the curriculum need.
Number of periodicals Subscribed - 252.
Number of Complementary Periodicals - 24.
Reference books are available in the ground floor of the Library block. Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Yearbooks, Manuals, Directories, Books for Competitive Examinations, Self-Improvement books, Books on Leadership, Time Management, Self-Confidence are also available for reference on the reference section.
* All students and staffs are allowed in the Reference Section on all working days.
* National Book Week was celebrated every year.
* Essay writing competitions were conducted for students every year.
* Book Exhibitions were conducted every year.
* On-line Public Access Catalogue facility to all students and staff.
* Bar-coded Identity cards for Library use.
* CD Rom Database for books and journals.
* Computerized circulation service to all users.
* Article Alert Service from Journals to all Departments.
* Career guidance to the students.
* Project guidance to final year UG and PG students.
* Library Orientation is given to all first year students.
* Maximum utilization of Library by the students and staff from 8.00 A.M to 8.00 P.M.
Dr.K. Senthilnayagam, M.A.,M.L.I.S.,
Library is kept open from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm all working days i.e., from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays the Library function from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
A large collection of question papers of previous years are available in the Library. Students may get the Xerox copies.
* Electronic Journals through UGC-INFONET E-Journals consortium.
* Separate database for all journals subscribed.
* Formation of a Digital Library.
* Internet and Digital projector facility for staff and students.